Thursday, March 31, 2022

Pro Blog Post 7 - Digital Story


For my book, "Back From the Brink: Saving Animals From Extinction" written by Nancy, F. Castaldo, I chose to make a digital story which may have turned out to be a Public Service Announcement (PSA) on Kizoa. This is my first time creating a non-recorded video with music, text, and pictures, but it was a fun way to let my creativity flow. Normally, I only make Power Points, but there is so much more that can be done with video making. Though, I still prefer Power Points because they are more in my comfort zone, but it is important to try new things and explore outside of the box, or outside one's comfort zone.

With the book I chose, I knew immediately what I wanted to do because there is a section on wolves, and wolves are my favorite animal and I wanted to spread awareness about the importance of wolves. The music I chose for my video fit very well with my text and pictures I included in my video and I think it adds a bit of emotion and intensity.



By using a movie to convey the message, it can reach more people in this world of media and online, as almost everyone has access to the internet. A movie also makes it more entertaining as opposed to just hearing someone speak, as some voices tend to be monotone and there is always more than one way to convey a message. It is also beneficial to have the lyrics or the music line up to the images or text that the message is trying to convey.

I would encourage multimodal devices for my students to help spread the word about the cause or causes they wish to take up as said previously, it will reach thousands of people if posted online and it will raise awareness at a very high rate.

Please enjoy the movie I made and the link may ask you if you would like to be redirected, and make sure to hit 'yes' or to click on the link it is redirecting to.

https://youtu.be/fnE0NC--tLA

Note: For some reason my Kizoa link was not loading the video on my end, so I decided to download it and upload it to youtube. It has been awhile since I uploaded a video, and I did not realize I could edit my videos on youtube as well! I may try to use youtube for my next project, but that would be another learning curve.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Krystine, I love PSAs so great choice! I know your book was very informative so this was a great way to bring awareness. Visual elements can always help share a book and even the important message within it if they dont care to read said book. Going outside your comfort zone is always important so great job! I know I felt the same way when I was making mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystine,

    I thinking that you did a great job with your multimodal response despite the fact that you are not as familiar with different platforms. I think this aspect will actually come in handy considering there will definitely be students that feel a similar way. I think that knowing that you are also learning along with them will make them feel less anxious and more open to playing with the assignment.

    - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krystin, great job on this video. I'm sure you could call it both a PSA and a digital story. You did a really good job of mixing excellent footage with well-chosen still images, information, and music. It all worked together really well. Great post! ~Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krys, your PSA or mini documentary on protecting the wolves turned out really well. You included very important information about the importance of wolves as a keystone species. You weaved the information with video, stills, text slides, transitions and music. I was curious to know a bit more about your music choice. The lyrics seems to highlight the essential status of wolves, while the heavy metal genre created a frustration and urgency around this issue, almost suggesting a call to action.. The song was well matched to the piece.

    ReplyDelete

The Eighth and Final Blog Post - Reflection

 I had never written a blog before, nor I had understood what a blog was used for. While I am still a bit confused, I know how useful a blog...